Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add/Update Credit Card and Cash Transactions for previous day(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thehigg65

Instructor
Oct 7, 2007
US
Aloha 5.0.3.3 I have the BOH Server up and running. I have tried re-installing the terminals mapped the drive, and reinstalled from the server, but when the terminal boots up it, nominates itself as master after 1:00 minute(because its the only one running) then comes to the "Make File Server" screen. I select "make fileserver" it comes to a keypad, I have entered managers number, swipe card, the error I get reads invalid. Then IBER.exe crashes.

The last full day of normal close was 6-11-2008. The night of the 12th when he was running his CC batch transaction the server crashed. The batch had not settled. I was able to add the CC transacions from the 12th to the cash on the 12th but all other days are hosed.

I recovered the hard drive using ERD to minimize any changes to the system.

Last night all the credit card reciepts for the past few days were authorized and settled. Now I have Transactions for each day without cash or cc information. Each day was run as a seperate batch to keep them together. Now they need to be added to the day and cash amount needs to be added to the day so it can be closed.

Am I screwed?

Also, I read in another post somewhere that if you have the "make fileserver" screen that you add the numbers to the lower right and lower left, enter it the keypad and it gets you in?

Any suggestions or even telling me the reality that I am screwed would be appreciated and helpful.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back