Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add third party device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watzmann500

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2012
DE
Dears,

I have an NBX device running with software R6_5_18 , i asked a supplier to provide me with 3Com ATA to run an Analog phone and he did provided me one but failed to work , then the supplier informed me after his investigation that i have two options :

1- To downgrade my NBX sofwtare version to be able to use this 3Com ATA
or the second option :
2- to use a non 3Com ATA and to use it with our phone system, as i have SIP enabled

i agreed on the second option and he fetched a small device and connected it to the LAN and set an Ip address .... the device appreade as i remmber as a third party phone in the teleophones cofiguration interface , the device worked for 2 days and then disapperade from my system.

currently i have a problem to add it again and i dont know how ... i cannot contact the supplier because he is unreachable .

please help me to know how i can add such thrid parties devices to my NBX

Thanks

watzmann

sorry you have enable nbx to sip ? had you ram necessary ? what nbx is ( 100 no sip enabled , v3000 , v3001 or v5000)
what type third party you installed?

Hi ,

yes i have SIP enable

and free RAM is available , my NBX is V3000

the device i need to add is : Panasonic and Model : KX- TG1611FX

please tell me what is the steps i have to follow to add the device to my system because the supplier need to charge me a lot just to add the device again .

Thanks a lot for your support

Watzmann

simply , you ust create only a user example extension 2000
you must configure device using user 2000 password 1234 ( or psw voicemail ) , important timer expiry 3600sec

o.k,

i added the user and one of the options for the telephones groups was "Default Third Party SIP phone "

but i still don't know how i should configure the device itself as i should after that link it with the user i just created.

in the telephones configuration i have the following options :

1- Telephones
2- Telephones Groups
3- ATA
4- Attendant Console
5- System-Wide Telephone Settings
6- Auto Discovery

when i use the first one , Telephones .... i have fields to add name and location , the MAC address but where i have to add the IP address of the device .

please help

Thanks

Watzmann

no only user and telephone group how 3 party sip phone .

You must go on sip phone and configure

- sip server your ip nbx
- sip outbound proxy your ip nbx
- user-id = your extension create in nbx
- autenthication is = your extension create in nbx
- password = default password if i remember correct 1234 or same password voice mail for extension create in nbx

it is possible you must configure domain or realm , in this moment i don't remember what parameter need .
Try using xlite softphone for verify if all is correct

Hi ,

Done for ther i successfuly created it but i still cannot configure the SIP phone

as i cannot find this parameter at any screen

sip server your ip nbx
- sip outbound proxy your ip nbx
- user-id = your extension create in nbx
- autenthication is = your extension create in nbx
- password = default password if i remember correct 1234 or same password voice mail for extension create in nbx
Thanks

watzmann

by the way .. the device i'm trying to connect is ATA with teh following specs

Name : Grand Stream
Model: HT702

while surfing i have seen a menu called : SIP application >> Trusted SIP interfaces

i think i have to configure my device in this menu , type i'll add it as 3rd party or other

what do you think ?

Thanks

Watzmann

Hi ,

finally i understand what do you mean by configuring the SIP ATA device and id di it :)

i give it extension and everything is o.k BUT still when i call it i redirected automatically to the voice mail .

i think the problem is NBX doesn't recgognise it although i have cretade a user but the problem is when i open the user i find it doesn't assigned to any phones . "None"

please help Thanks

watzmann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back