Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

add swatch to user defined library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratso5

Technical User
Apr 7, 2010
AU
I have a user defined panel in the swatch library and want to be able to add new swatches to it as I create. There is always the non-editable symbol in the frame of that library so I can't just drag and drop. I've found advice on the net saying:

"Locate you saved library file, open it and add a color and make a swatch and save it.
You usually save this file to Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator CS#/en_US/Swatches
you just open the library(s) you want and add a swatch and save the document close it out and then load in the document you need it for in the future."

I've tried my best to do this but it doesn't work, is it right? I think I need more information.

Thank you so much

The path for the swatches that you mention is for an apple computer if you work on a PC the files are stored somewhere else.

Can't you do a find with the name of the saved swatch?

Thanks Carlow ~
There's no problem locating and opening the file (yes, I am on a mac), I just don't seem to be able to 'add a swatch'. How do you manually do it? Must be too simple I'm missing something....

With the file open, use the colour panel to create your colour and by using the flyout from the panel you can choose to ad it in the swatches.

Then save it.

When you choose the altered swatch in another Illustrator document the new swatch will be available;

Sometimes it is best to close Illustrator and reopen it so that the program knows that he swatch is changed.

carlow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back