Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

add spice to vg from extrnal storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

hraa

IS-IT--Management
Jul 23, 2007
LY
Hi sir
we have ds4800 and p550 now I have free space on storage about 50GB gave to me from storage administration's how to add to datavg
thanks

Google.......

Mike

"Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild, harmless, rather engaging little things, not at all like the staring defects in other people's characters."

Mr mrn i don't sad from u put should be how to answer for anther people .

My question isn't stupid ,Can u to answer or muteness

No it isn't a stupid question; but have you even tried to find the answer yourself?

Muteness from me......

Mike

"Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild, harmless, rather engaging little things, not at all like the staring defects in other people's characters."

Hints:
cfgmgr or reboot to configure your new storage.
extendvg datavg <new_disk>
HTH

Hi sir
I don't add new disk in volume group ,I know add it's
my question talked about size volume group on storage.
for ex: datavg have 20G on storage one blocks raid0 I executed
add the size to 50G I can't see the size on datavg after mfgmgr.
thanks

If you have added the 50GB free space to the same volume, you need to take a look at chvg, see the man pages.

hi sir
I am sorry for noise because of no understand my question.
1-lsvg datavg
total PPs:579 (148224 megabytes)
free PPs:10 (2560 megabytes)
lspv
hdisk0 rootvg
hdisk1 rootvg
hdisk2 datavg

I tell storage administrate pleas add size to hdisk2.
now storage administrator tell me added the size .
after execute lsvg datavg I saw same size
thanks

Before: hdisk2 was 20GB
Now: hdisk2 should be 70GB

¿Is this your situation?

So, you have to take a look at chvg with parameter -g, to tell the vg that the size of hdisk2 has changed.

-g Will examine all the disks in the volume group to see if they have grown in size. If any disks have grown in size attempt to add additional PPs to PV. If necessary will determine proper 1016 multiplier and conversion to big vg.
Notes:

1. The user might be required to execute varyoffvg and then varyonvg on the volume group for LVM to see the size change on the disks.
2. There is no support for re-sizing while the volume group is activated in classic or enhanced concurrent mode.
3. There is no support for re-sizing for the rootvg.

hi

the storage admin gave you additional 50G , which should be detected as hdsik3 once you execute "cfgmgr" .

execute these commands to add the 50GB to /data filesystem:

#cfgmgr
#extendvg -f datavg hdisk3
#chfs –a size=+50G /data

Hello hraa,

Sorry to ask this question but I find it very hard to understand your questions. Are you using a translator website to change your questions into English?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back