Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

add sound to Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcwoods

IS-IT--Management
Sep 7, 2001
US
Can anyone provide me with a link to instructions for inserting sound into Flash? I'd like to have a background sound file play in addition to have sound synchronized with some annimations that will play during the Flash movie.
Thanks for your help.

best explinations i have found..

e.gif

carlsatterwhite@endangeredgraphics.com

i should have mentioned that this tutorial is good if you plan on making your own music...i have been learning fruity loops and i have been able to record my own drums,synth's,etc...the best way to synchronize(atleast my opinion)is to create the track your self...that way you can seperate the different instruments and adjust them accordingly to play how you need them to throughout your movie...also you will be able to control the sound in each frame which will be the key...otherwise you will be adding full sound tracks that are almost impossible to sync...i know a couple people who have accomplished this, but they say they will never attempt it again...guessing the biggest problem was each users individual circumstances ie: processor speed and things of that nature...dial up, cable, t1 etc...but as long as you can seperate the instruments and control the sound in each frame, sky's the limit...
e.gif

Thank you, Carl. Tell me more about fruity loops. Thanks!

fruity loops is a pretty simple program to learn...comes factory with some beats and piano keys and synthesizer sounds, things like that...and you can also make your own...pretty much has a timeline where you lay down your instruments and record what you need...but i'm guessing you could use any program you wanted to create your music...just for best results you want to record each instrument seperatly so you can manipulate and control the frame rate in flash...that way, no matter the processor, or whatever the movie and the sound will play in sync regardless...

heres a demo for ya...try it out and go from there..

e.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back