Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add second exchange5.5 to the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

teklow

MIS
Apr 2, 2001
US
Hi,

I have an NT4 domain with one exchange5.5 server. I would like to add another exchange server into the site. How do I do this? Is there any instructions I can follow?

Thanks in advance,

Teklow

Microsoft have made this pretty easy... Install your new NT4 server. Install Exchange. During the installation of exchange you'll be asked if you want to create a new organisation or connect to an existing Exchange server... Select the option to connect to an existing Exchange server, type in the name of your exisiting exchange server, and the installation program will copy the existing servers config, set up the connectors between the servers, synchronise public folders, it pretty much does the whole lot for you. When it's finished installing,service pack it, and you'll have 2 working exchange servers in your site.

Have fun.

Adrian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back