Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add record to combo box

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandJT

Technical User
Jun 23, 2004
US
I have a search form that displays the results in another form called results, however the problem that I am having is that there could be more than one record with the number that they are searching by. So, right now, it will only display one record when I need it to,... say list the ticket numbers so I can choose which ticket is in question, be able to click on it and have it display that record. So, on my results form, I put a combo box that would display the different record numbers because this number isn't a number that is duplicated and is unique to each ticket or record. What I need help with is how to add the records to the combo box for which I could choose from. Does anybody have any idea what I am talking about?

Thanks in advance!!

It sounds like you need to have your combo box control source be a query that lists all of the tickets.

HandJT

Actually, you can use
Me.YourComboBoxName.Requery

You can perform the requery after various events such as OnCurrent record, AfterUpdate.

The requery will force Access to re-populate the combo box with new info.

One gotcha is that sometimes a form may be open with a "new" record but the record has not been committed, so is not visible after the requery. In this case, use a Refresh on the open form with the new record to commit the open record to the table.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back