Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add Raw Material Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

katididdy

Technical User
Mar 13, 2006
US
When I am in the Item/Location Maintenance, I can choose from some Raw Material Locations. How do I add a location?

If you need to add a location from that screen, Type a "new location Code" immediately after you enter the item number. You will be prompted "do you want to add the Location", if the code does not exist. You must have maintenance rights. Alternately you can simply add the Location from the Inventory > Maintenance > Inventory Location

Are you sure that you really want to add an other location ?
Maccrystal's responce is correct, but sometimes you need to ask why. Why are you adding a location, and do you understand the implications, such as costs, prices, reorder levels .....

I have a location, Raw, that is for the warehouse. When an item is issued on the floor, we take out of warehouse. For inventory purposes, some of the products that have been issued need to be counted, but not put back in warehouse. I have a location, for example, called COILISSUED. The coil that had been issued from the warehouse and is being used is scanned to this "location". I need to do the same for cardboard to make our boxes.

Under supervisor I have the new location in the drop down list, but not under anyone else's login. That is why I need help creating it.

You do not need to create the locations, the locations already exist - RAW, COILISSUED, etc. It is just that the items do not necessarily exist in these locations, is this correct?

If so you can just go to item/location maintenance and add them. When you tab out of the location field you will see that you are in ADD mode on this screen. Just finishing adding the item location by going through all the screens.

NEMacGuy brought up some great points though. You probably need to talk about these internally.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back