Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add Print option to custom menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

judyscofield

Programmer
Sep 24, 2001
US
I have a custom menu for an application (VFP6). At one point I pull up at text file with the modify file noedit command. I've added a print menu option under the custom menu's File option and used Bar # and _MFI_SYSPRINT. I can compile the program and execute it while I am still in VFP and it works fine. If I run the exe while not in VFP nothing happens when I select File/Print. No error message, just nothing. I've tried popping the default sysmenu, but still no print. What am I doing wrong? The user needs to print this file.

Thanks

Judy Scofield

Judy,

I am sorry to say that I do not have an answer for you. I can only say that a similar thing happened to me and I never did find an explanation. See thread184-952673, "Cannot print from menu". I did later wonder if it had something to do with the Novell client, but since I didn't have access to any PCs without Novell installed, I didn't test that hypothesis.

Teresa

Thanks, I followed the referenced thread and also found another. One difference I noted was that that Mike Lewis said it worked fine in VFP8. Mine is an old app in VFP6. I'm going to convert it to 8 and see if that makes a difference. I don't think it's a Novell issue. It doesn't work from the .exe on my PC which is not on Novell. I'll answer back again if it works in VFP8.

Judy Scofield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back