Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add Pixels to Side of Image 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JannieMae

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2009
US
I am a new user and please forgive the simplicity of this question. All I want to do is add ten pixels to the right side of an existing photograph (without distorting the photograph) and make the pixels a certain color for our website. For the life of me I can't figure out how to do this, even though I have tried reading about layers, etc.

It may be a little different depending on the version, but basically in the Image Menu click on Canvas Size.

canvas_resize.gif

From there, you can modify the width of the image canvas to add the 10 pixels. Make sure that the new width and heights first match the original, as the dialog tends to keep the last values you use.

Then just use the arrows to position the image so the ten pix are applied to the right side.

You want to increase the width by 10 px, keeping the height as it is.

Then Using the positioning arrows set it so the image is kept to the left, so lick in the arrow pointing straight to the left.

Then use the background square to select the color for the line.

Then click o.k and you get your 10 pix line.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back