Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADD NOT WORKING 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

glynnmsg

Technical User
Jul 26, 2004
US
Just upgraded symposium from 4.2 to 5.0,
We are running SWC 4.5. Before the upgrade my call center agents were able to run the ADD tabular display on their desktop. After the upgrade when they try to bring up the displays all they get is logging into application server (the correct IP address) Please wait

It also shows the agent name and position ID at the top. They never get the status display. I have re booted the SWC server but still nothing. Also I had a problem with RTD but NORTEL had me download the latest and greatest patches, this cleared the RTD issue. Any help on the ADD disply issue would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Can you get RTD to work on any of the machines that are having trouble with ADD? We had a similar problem here with XP machines. It boiled down to IGMP versions not matching between the XP default and what our multicast broadcast was using. Here is the registry hack if you want to try it.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
Add a DWORD Value called IGMPVersion and set its value to 3

Reboot machine for change to take effect.

Have not tried that. Seeing that they are agents I never use RTD displays on the desktop. But I will give that a try

I have exactly the same problem and have just tried the suggested fix with no joy. Do I need to check anything on the servers themselves?

Regards

I still have not found the soloution for this.

This might be a shot in the dark, but have you installed the PEPs with the username "Administrator", or did you install them with a userid that has admin rights. If not Adminstrator, uninstall all PEPs loaded with the other username while logged in as that username, then log back in as administrator and reload the PEPs. Nortel is saying that is the fix for one of our sites with an ADD problem, but we haven't tried it yet due to scheduling problems w/ the customer. It might be several weeks before we get to it.

Definitely report back if this helps,
Rob

I have the same problem with ADD 'hang'. i tried to allow symposium server to be included in 'trusted site' of IE5 (tools-option-security) and disable 'reuse window for shortcuts (tools-option-advanced) - as suggested in pbxinfo (another forum) but still not working.
in sniffer, i see a bunch of HTTP conversation between the ADD PC and the CC6 server (unicast).

i wonder if we need to acquire TN first. this is another problem i can't find resolution.
the agents have already been created via symposium webclient. with login ID = DN (created in CS1K via LD 11).
and a phoneset is already registered to CS1K with that same agent's login ID.

any helps would really be appreciated.

ADD is transmitted via multicast not unicast. Use ICERTDTrace from the client PC to make sure you are getting multicast traffic out to the PC's.
You must copy the following files to use ICERTDTrace:
ICERTDTrace.exe
nbcfg95.dll
nbdbapi.dll
ninccapi.dll
mtld.dll
Nbcomd.dll
nbss95.dll
nicerr.dll
nisysd.dll
zlib.dll

TEEKOW, this is what I had to do.

1) Log on to the clients PC as a admin

2) gave the USER Local admin rights

3) removed the old ADD program

4) re installed the Program

5) Had the user log back into thier PC

6) clicked on the ICON

7) ran the soap install

8) clicked on the ICON again and IT WORKED !!!!!!!!!!!!

9) logged back in as admin, and removed local admin rights

I seem to have a initial problem that I need help with. I have installed ADD on a agent PC and have PING checked it's visibility of the servers however when I run the application I get the following error:

'The Agent Desktop Display could not communicate correctly with symposium web client application server via RDS. Check your network connections and contact your administrator.'

Any guidance most appreciated.

Again, ADD is not unicast driven, it gets its data via multicast. A ping will not answer the question of are you getting multicast data out to your users. The multicast trace utility (ICERTDTrace) is on the web server. Search for the files in my previous post and copy them to a CD or network drive. Go out to a workstation in question and run the utility to verify if multicast is being routed to your agent base. If it is, then you most likely have a rights issue as others have mentioned here. If not, then you have a network issue.
If you are not getting multicast data, check to see if you have IGMP Snooping enabled on your switches or routers. If so, turn if off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back