Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

add new T1 to exiting TG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sal656

Technical User
Aug 24, 2013
CA
Hi

I am trying to add new T1 to my exiting TG ; I am getting error stating [highlight #FCE94F]""9" This trunk board does not belong to the signaling group"[/highlight]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
change trunk-group 9 Page 8 of 21
TRUNK GROUP
Administered Members (min/max): 1/46
GROUP MEMBER ASSIGNMENTS Total Administered Members: 46

Port Code Sfx Name Night Sig Grp
46: 001V123 MM710 B 9
47: 005V201 MM710 B
48:
49:
50:
51:
52:
53:
54:
55:
56:
57:
58:
59:
60:

"9" This Trunk Board does not belong to this Signaling Group
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
display ds1 005v2 Page 1 of 2
DS1 CIRCUIT PACK

Bit Rate: 1.544 Line Coding: b8zs
Line Compensation: 1 Framing Mode: esf
Signaling Mode: isdn-ext

Interface Companding: mulaw
Idle Code: 11111111

Slip Detection? y Near-end CSU Type: other

Echo Cancellation? n

I have remove ds1 port and re-added did not help. any suggestion or Advice. Thanks

Have a look at how signalling group 9 has been set up. It could be set up with associated signaling set at "n", and the Primary and Secondary D channels identified from the first 2 DS1 boards, and set up as interface ID 0 and 1. You may just need to add the Trunk Board to the Signaling Group, possibly with Interface ID 2 if the Trunk Group is currently programmed with a Primary and BackUp D channel on the same signaling group.
I see you have the DS1 boards set up as ISDN Ext, so I am assuming the new circuit was ordered as an expansion to the existing trunk group, not with it's own d-channel.

Thanks Bleebrant ; your suggestion resolved by issues. Interface ID was missing in sig group 9. I have added this and it resolved my issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back