Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add new route member ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonecop

Technical User
Jun 24, 2002
CA
Hi to all;

I have a single line business service coming in to my building that I want to bring in to my option 51C and have it appear on perhaps a couple of sets - a single 2006 & a single 2616.

I think that it has to become a member of a group so that I can give it a DN, but have no idea how to do that.

Could someone here offer me some basic step by step instructions how to get there. I am familiar with basic set programming, ins/outs, voicemail admin etc but have no experience whatever when it comes to route / group admin.

Thanks kindly!

Logan

First - Your single line buisiness phone line is probably loop start - There are disconnect problems with loop start trunks and is is best to change them to ground start.

Second - If you already have DID service, some LECs will let you have the number on your sinfle buisiness line converted to DID. This would save you up to 50 dollars a month and you would only have to make the number assignment on your phones.

If you still need this line as is to go through the switch:
It would work best as either a private line or an auto terminate line. A private line would be better if its loop start but you loose PBX funtions like transfer. Here is Both:

LD 16

Req: New Req: New
Type: RDB Type: RDB
Route: x Route: x
TKTP: COT TKTP: COT
Priv: Yes Auto: Yes
ICOG: IAO Icog: IAO
ACOD: xxxx (enter Access Code)
If you have CDR or Music enter that info as you get the prompt - Copy from another route.

LD 14

Req: New Req: New
Type: COT Type: COT
TN: xx x x xx TN: xx x x xx
RTMB: x 1 RTMB: x 1 (enter the New route and member #)
PRDN: XXXX ATDN: xxxx
SIGL: LOP SIGL: LOP
SUPN: No SUPN: No
CLS: DTN CLS: DTN

If you use Priv - assign the key data - LD 11
Key x prv xxxx

If assign Auto - assign the key data - LD 11
Key x scr xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor