Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add New, Edit, Options for Array?

Status
Not open for further replies.

estrellas

Programmer
Jul 16, 2004
US
Hey guys -
i'm not sure what the "right" name of what i'm trying to do .. and taht's what my question is -

I'm currently trying to build a menu where users can enter one phone number, and then press "Add Another Phone", and then the old record is posted in text on the screen ... and new input lines are given to the user ..

if you guys have any clue about what i'm trying to expalin, please post here :)

thanks so much :)

You have 2 choices:
1. Use PHP, POST and redraw the page. Stick the newly added item into a session variable.
2. Use client side scripting. The JavaScript forum would be best to ask for assistance if you want to go that way.

great thanks! since i'm connecting and stuff with a mySql server, i think i'll use the post and redraw the page - something i'll need to learn but i know what it is now ..

thanks again :)

-------

A session variable would give you the data before you need to commit it to a database. I would recommend to stick it into the database when the user has added all items.
You know how people are. They start something and then abandon half way and the junk accumulates in the tables...

no kidding about the junk tables ... i'm actually redesigning the system that we have now .. due to the many blank fields .. and it's not a pretty job

-------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back