Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add new domain? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

serializer

Programmer
May 15, 2006
SE
I am new to Exchange 2013. I first created a default domain xxx.com. Then I wanted to add a second domain yyy.com. Here is what I did:

Mail flow->Accepted domains->Add
Mail flow->Email address policies->Added second domain

Still, when I try to add a user I only have one domain I can choose from (the default one). Any idea how to solve this?

I think you don't get a choice during creation, but the actual email address that is used is based on other factors, mainly determined in how you set up your email address policy. If I were you, I'd set up a separate OU under Users in AD for each separate email domain that you want to be primary for your users. Then craft an additional email address policy that makes your new domain the primary one for any user, and set the filter on that policy so that it only applies to user who are in that particular OU. That way when you create new users, simply selecting the OU that they are created in will also set their primary email address domain.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back