Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add new columns to table

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvetter

Programmer
Nov 2, 2010
US
Impromptu Admin 7.4.1069.0

Under Catalog | Tables, I see my new table columns in the left pane, but not on the right.

I clicked the Catalog | Folders | Generate button, and it creates a new folder that looks exactly like the original folder - without the new columns.

I understand I am supposed to Generate the new folder, then copy the new columns from this folder to the original folder. Any idea why this does not work? Is my understanding correct?

Thanks... mpv

I found my problem. Under Catalog | Tables, I tried adding the new columns but they didn't appear in the right pane. I even tried adding the whole table again but they still didn't appear in the right pane.

Because they didn't appear, I think I may have clicked the Cancel button instead of the OK button.

I went back and added the entire table again. Even though it didn't appear in the right pane, I clicked OK. Then when I went to Generate the folder it now had my new columns.

Apparently there is a screen refresh bug that tripped me up.

FYI: If you've already got reports against the original table in the catalog(ue), then I find that it's best to generate a new folder (which has the suffix 2) and then copy over the new columns to the original one. The new folder can then be deleted. Restart Impromptu to work from the new columns.

soi là, soi carré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back