Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add like "alt" text to a link ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoshiachNow

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2002
IL
Hi,

I have some text links, and I'd like to add some "ballon" type short text over them when a mouse is pointing at them.
As far as a I know,"alt" can do it for images.
Is it doable for a plain text links ?
Thanks

Long live king Moshiach !

Hi

Yes, [tt]alt[/tt] is for [tt]img[/tt] only. No, [tt]alt[/tt] is not for "balloon" text, it is for alternate content. You need to
[ol]
[li]use [tt]title[/tt] attributes[/li]
[li]read the W3C standards instead of taking Microsoft's practices as standard[/li]
[/ol]
Code:
<a href="[URL unfurl="true"]http://google.com/search?q=alt+vs+title"[/URL] title="search with Google">alt vs title</a>

Feherke.

Hi

me said:
Yes, [tt]alt[/tt] is for [tt]img[/tt] only.
My above statement is not correct. I want to say, yes, [tt]alt[/tt] is for [tt]img[/tt] but not for [tt]a[/tt]. So that sentence correctly is :

"Yes, [tt]alt[/tt] is for [tt]img[/tt], [tt]area[/tt], [tt]applet[/tt] and [tt]input[/tt] only."

Feherke.

Thanks,

How would I add a "title" with text "This is my title" to the id="menu_system_Info" below. I need it to show when the user points at "menu_system_Info".

<h4 onClick="ShowMenu('menu_system_Info');" ><u>System Info</u></h4>
<ul id="menu_system_Info" style="display: none;">
<li><a onclick="javascript:moveTop()" href="javascript:ShowDiv( 'system_bootcfg' );" style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 8pt; color:#0000EE"> bootcfg info</a></li>

Long live king Moshiach !

Hi

I do not understand your question.
Code:
[small]<h4 onClick="ShowMenu('menu_system_Info');" ><u>System Info</u></h4>[/small]
<ul id="menu_system_Info" [red]title="This is my title"[/red] xstyle="display: none;">
[small]<li><a onclick="javascript:moveTop()" href="javascript:ShowDiv( 'system_bootcfg' );" style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 8pt; color:#0000EE"> bootcfg info</a></li>[/small]

Feherke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back