Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

add hyperlink in e-mail message

Status
Not open for further replies.

stupiet

Programmer
Aug 21, 2001
US
To anyone who can help,

How do you add a hyperlink in a message that you send out in Access (vbscript)? After sending a message out to a specific person, i want to include a link in that message so that the recipient can click on it to open the database. I prefer not to use html. I also have Lotus Notes as the e-mail client. This is the code I currently have:

stBody = "Click on the link below to open the database:" & vbCr
stBody = stBody & "\\S:\Common\QualityControl\QCTrack.mdb"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stupiet

If memory serves a hyperlink is a three items delimited by the '#' (hash or pound).

#<Display Text>#<Adrress>#<SubAddress>#

Each item is optional and I believe you just leave out the term and delimiter if you are skipping it. But using this you should be able to add a hyperlink to your variable. Although, that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone's e-mail program can read hyperlinks. But for internal use where everyone has Outlook, it should work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back