Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add extension and forward voicemail messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogstech

Technical User
Oct 22, 2012
US
Hello,

I have a partner 18d ACS7 with remote access card and voicemail programming card. There is 2 phone line and a call on either line hits the auto attendant and they can press extension 10, 11, 12 or 13. Those 4 extensions have actual handsets. I want to add an extension 14. I am not going to use a phone on this extension. When someone dials extension 14 at the auto attendant, i want it to ring extension 10 for 5 rings and if there is no answer, play extension 14's voicemail. If possible, i would like the voicemail messages left to be delivered to extension 10's mailbox or at least light up extension 10's message light. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have access to PC programming and am familiar with handset programming. Thanks.

It has a voicemail messaging card in the main processor card. That is the only blade in the cabinet. If you need more information on voicemail, let me know. I have remote access to the system and i can go to my office to check the physical card itself if needed. I think it is probably the most basic voicemail, maybe 2 port?

This is a 2 port PCMCIA card Partner Voice Messaging. None of the features that you have requested are available. The card comes in 2 versions, one with a maximum of 4 mailboxes, the other with a max of 16. First thing you should do is log into the system administrator's mailbox and press option 2, configuration. This will tell you the max for your particular system, if you can even add the mailbox for Ext 14. If that is a possibility, then you can program Ext. 14 with call coverage to Ext. 10, so that it will ring on 10 and then go to 14 mailbox. The message will be left in mailbox 10, and there will be NO message waiting light.

Correction - the message will be left in mailbox 14 (saw that just as I hit submit)

Thank you Tommy, It must be a 4 port because i was able to create extension 14 and it has a mailbox. How to setup Ext. 14 with call coverage to extension 10? And how do i check extension 14's messages from extension 10? Thank you very much

It is 2 PORT 16 MAILBOX

Set #320-14-1 so calls "ring" once at Ext. 14 before covering to Ext. 10
At Ext 10, dial Feature 20-14-10 to cover calls to Ext. 14 to Ext. 10
Log into mailbox 14 the same way as you log into mailbox 10 (When prompted for extension number and # sign, dial 14#)

Hi Tommy,

I setup the options you mentioned but it only rings extension 10 if i plug a phone into extension 14 and activate DND. otherwise it just rings 14 then says they are unavailable. Doesnt even let me leave a message. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back