Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add Days from one Field to Date Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

netrusher

Technical User
Feb 13, 2005
US
I am trying to track vegetables that I will be planting in my garden. I will plant some vegetables. I have a StartDate and HarvestDate and EstimatedHarvestDate Fields. I also have a field named GrowDays. This field states how long it takes for each vegetable to mature i.e. 75 days or 58 days or 42 days etc. etc. What I want to do in a query is to automatically add the number of days from the GrowDays field to the StartDate and come up with the Estimated Harvest Date. If I plant a Tomato on April 13th and it takes 75 days to mature then I want the EstimatedHarvestDate field to reflect 6/27/2013 which is the StartDate + 75days. I am trying to figure out how to do this when the GrowDays field changes numbers. I can use this "EstimatedHarvestDate: DateAdd("d",+75,[GrowDays])" except this only works if the GrowDays Field is 75. I need to be able to accomplish this no matter what the GrowDay field says. Any advice and thanks?

What about this ?
EstimatedHarvestDate: StartDate + GrowDays

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back