Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add Data Source Reference from BIDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcfantasy

Programmer
Jun 3, 2006
DK
Hi, I have a Report Server Project which I manage using Business Intelligence Studio.

Now, on the report server, there is a data source defined and ready to be used. It feels silly, but from my project, I can't seem to be able to browse for a data source on the report server.

Everything I try seem to end up in creating a new data source or browsing locally.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Andrew.

Teh Data Source needs to be set up as a shared data source in the project
If it is not, you must do your report dev and deploy to the report server then change the data set being used in thye reportserver itself under the Report>Properties>DataSource tab

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Yes it is not defined in the project. The reason is that the data source was created by someone else in the report server, who can give the proper credentials.

There's a problem with developing the report in BIDS and then changing the data source property from the report server. The deployment gives an error without a data source.

However I just found a way. To create another data source with the same name, and mark not to overwrite.

Thanks for your reply.

Andrew
Research Assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back