Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

add Cut/Copy/Paste buttons to Windows Explorer toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellohello1

Technical User
Jun 30, 2006
US
In Windows 7, is there a way to customize the Windows Explorer toolbar? I want to add Cut/Copy/Paste/Delete buttons to the Windows Explorer toolbar.

I know they are located under Organize, but I wanted to add them to the toolbar.

With Win XP, i would right click and go to Customize, but how do I do this in Windows 7?

Thanks,

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V.

Regards: Terry

thanks for writing.

i can't believe Windows makes it so hard and requires modifying the registry or installing add-ins just to customize our screens!

i want to stay with XP as long as I can! (my dad is the one who has Win 7. i'm asking on his behalf. i should tell him to revert back to XP).

i'll study those links you sent.

thanks again!

Cut/Copy/Paste commands are also under EDIT on the Toolbar.

Be assured, Windows 7 beats the hell out of Windows XP and makes Vista look a joke.

Terry

Regards: Terry

Internet Explorer (not Explorer) will allow you to add all those buttons if you want to "customize" that (the IE) Command Bar.

Cut/Copy/Paste commands are also under EDIT on the Toolbar". But that would take two clicks. With Win XP, I could customize the toolbar and get to those commands with just one click.

"Internet Explorer (not Explorer) will allow you to add all those buttons if you want to "customize" that (the IE) Command Bar". Thanks, I have IE 8 and I have customized it and it's great. I just hope they don't remove that feature with IE 9!

>get to those commands with just one click.

Not quite - you'd have to click on the item to select it, then click the toolbar button - two clicks. Now you'll argue that, accordingly, it's three clicks in Vista/Windows 7 - but not if you select with a right-click, whcih pops up a menu with Delete on it. Two clicks, just different ones ... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back