Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add columns to an existing report

Status
Not open for further replies.

sreenathkm

IS-IT--Management
Jan 22, 2002
US
Being new to the BO environment,would seek solution/suggestions to my below problem:

I have a existing report running well in production, now wanted to add few more columns from a new table(class)to the existing report..so have added the corresponding classes from the universe and dragged the columns(objects) to the results object panel..now when I see the SQL from the data provider I see 2 queries there where in the 1st query is with all the columns from the earlier query and the 2 query having the columns added recently..does this sound logical or am I doing a mistake here.Point to note here is my report runs for almost 3hrs as it looks into massive fact tables having around 330M records.

The SQL is grayed out...Can u please give me some more info on this and how to over this .

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Are the new columns dimensions or measures?

If they are measures, then you have a problem with BO creating multiple SQL Statements.

If they are dimensions, then you need to make sure these tables (actually the joins to them) are included in your existing contexts. Otherwise you're going to continue to have problems. Steve Krandel
BASE Consulting Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back