Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add card to Magix

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
I have a MAGIX, 3 cabinet, upgraded from a Legend.

I have two open slots in the 3rd cabinet. I want to add a 016 t/r card. Can I simply power down the entire system, add the card and then plug in a phone to a port on the new card?

I believe I will get a default extension, then I can renumber using the renumber procedure to a desired extension?

yes, but after restarting the system, do a BOARD renumber, so the system will recognize the new board. It doesn't change the extension numbering, just realigns the internal memory

ok, thank you. I suppose there is no 'licensing' / port restriction on these systems. older is better.

There is a 200 extention max, but no licensing.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I did the board renumber on my test system, and all my mlx phones are clicking, no normal boot. what did I do wrong, a reboot will not clear it.

Power down again, Reseat the card and then power back up (Powering Down and Up start on the RIGHT Carrier and then the Middle and last do the FIRST ONE). The processor want to SEE the other Cards Powered up when it comes to life.

If after doing that, and a board renumber you still have the clicking, then the CARD is probably bad.

There is power limitations per cabinet as well. Are they Magix cabinets or Legend cabinets? If you add too many cards to a particular cabinet you can get clicking if the power supply can't handle the load.

Yes, that too. If you still have the trouble, POST the Model Numbers of the POWER UNITS. A picture would be nice as well. The ones that have an RJ45 Jack in the Front are Verboten! They are just way too old, and weak.

well i am just testing on a bench system, a legend, not a magix. I got it back to boot after the board renumber, I removed a card and it came back. The power supply does have an RJ45, again this is a just a test system.

The customer has a 3 cabinet legend but has a MAGIX processor. We need some more extensions so we will add an 012 tip ring card, do the board renumber and do the cross connects. Through some reading and using WInSPM I figured the customer is using extnesions from setup space (ie x7132 7134 etc along with 3 digit extensions).

Another question can we program phantom extensions that go direct to voicemail?

Create the phantom extensions by renumbering adjunct extensions that are in the 7300 range to your desired 3 digit extension numbers, and then treat like any other extension, add to the coverage group for voicemail and create the mailbox in the voicemail system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back