Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add ask to Outlook from Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatherJack

Programmer
Aug 29, 2000
GB
I am trying to create a form in access2000 to allocate tasks to an office group. Tasks are collected over an intranet into the database and need to be sent out to outlook2000 users. I can create tasks for all users except the user that is doing the allocation. I cannot get the items.add("taskname") to work.

Set olApp = New Outlook.Application
Set olNameSpace = olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")
Set olFolder = olNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderTasks)
Set olItems = olFolder.Items
Set olTask = olItems.Add("taskname")

the olItems is where the code falls over but online help doesnt clear the problem for me
[sig][/sig]

Bless me Father Jack, for I have sinned... Oops, that was last week. What error are you getting when it hits the olItems.Add?
[sig]<p>Terry M. Hoey<br><a href=mailto:th3856@txmail.sbc.com>th3856@txmail.sbc.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>Ever notice that by the time that you realize that you ran a truncate script on the wrong instance, it is too late to stop it?[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back