Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add and Update records in subform

Status
Not open for further replies.

anujkmehrotra

Programmer
Jan 21, 2012

Hi all,

I have a concern. I want to add and update both from a table to another table from a button:

I have two forms having subforms:FrmEstimate(tblEstimate & tblEstDetail) and FrmBill(tblBill & tblBillDetail= same as tblEstdetail)

FrmEstimate has JobID in main form and in subform Jobid,PartNo,Partname, Qty,rate,Amt,type

and

FrmBill has BillID and JobNo(Combo-list from FrmEstimate) in main form and in subform Billid,JobNo,PartNo,Partname, Qty,rate,Amt,type

Now, what i need to do is that after entering a record in FrmEstimate(JobId) and its subform (multiple records) then user will to create Bill from FrmBill and after choosing JobNo from FrmBill its subform should add and update or any changed records from subform of FrmEstimate.

I made an Append Qry and run from After Update event of JobNo of FrmBill but it Updated Table not in form. and records were duplicated. Moreover, FrmBill has Billid in suform but it does not update from main form's BillID.

So, Please guide me what should i do??

Thanks & Regards,
Anuj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back