Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add an icon for a project 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOSES

Technical User
Feb 8, 2000
AE
How can I include an icon in a project?

Hi,

You should assign an icon to a form in your project (Go to the from properties, and browse for an icon in the Icon property). Then you go to the Project properties and select the Make tab. There you could set the icon from one of your forms as the project icon.

I have two versions of the same icon - one 16x16 pixels and one 32x32 (a "cursor"?). I have changed all the form icons to the 16x16 version, and the project icon is changed to that as well. However, when you view the executable icon in a (Windows) folder with the "Large Icons" display setting, the 16x16 icon is stretched to 32x32 and (obviously) severely distorted.

Is there any way to replace the project icon with a different (i.e. larger) graphic than those that are used for individual forms, or to at least specify an alternate, larger icon when necessary?

Thanks in advance,
Lindsay

Lindsay -

.ico files can store both resolutions in there. The problem is most icon editors don't give you a way to edit them. I use the resource editor in Visual C++ to edit my icons.

Chip H.

Where can I get an icon editor. I am currently doing them in Paint which, as I am sure you can imagine, does not create very nice icons.

Also, when I try to load the icon into my form it says "Invalid Property Value"....

help - I have never done this before with VB.

: Home of Microangelo, complete suite.

Or look at tucows or downloads.com. Many choices!

But I think Microangelo is the best.

Greetz,
Jan If this response was usefull to you, please mark it with a Star!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back