Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add alarm to all new meetings requests/appointments by default?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2001
US
I searched for this, but the only thread was one started back in 2005, so I am hoping that the answer has changed with newer versions.

We are running Notes 8.5.1 and I am trying to figure out how to add an alarm/reminder to any new meeting request that I receive (and, hopefully, to add an audible alert as well). It is a huge hassle to have to modify each appointment manually.

I have to say, I have been an Exchange admin for many years and I was excited to be able to get my hands into a Domino environment, but after 3 weeks of it I am ready to bang my head against a brick wall :) It appears that IBM has no concept of user-friendliness.

This is how I get there on Notes 8:

Go to your calender and select the "More" button just above the calendar. Select the "Calendar & To Do" tab then the "Alarms" tab. Make sure "Display alarm notifications" is checked. Then check the notifications you want to receive and the notification time.

after 3 weeks of it I am ready to bang my head against a brick wall

Welcome to my world. There are a few things that I like in Notes. For example, you can right-click a message to create a new calendar entry or new task. I'm baffled that Outlook doesn't have this option.

Hopefully you're on Notes 8. We moved to 8 recently and it's actually fairly stable. It's still painfully slow doing the most mundane tasks like creating a folder, opening email, opening the calendar. But at least it's not crashing every few days.

HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back