Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add a password to a link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark76

Programmer
Sep 3, 2002
AU
I would like to add a username and password to a link in a website I'm building so that only certain people can access a page. Can anyone help me with some code to do this..

Thanks...

Hi Shark,

There are a number of options.

You can configure the server itself to demand a username and password: for example, apache can be configured through .htaccess. Or you can use server-side code (such as PHP, ASP, Java, Perl, and many others); typically in conjunction with session management.
Shark76 said:
Can anyone help me with some code to do this.
Without being rude, I suggest you use Google to search for relevant code. There is plenty available, and whilst Tek-Tips members are often happy to help debug code, we'd prefer not to write your code for you from scratch. We'd much rather give you advice that will point you in the right direction, helping you learn, and enabling you to help other future Tek-Tips users.

Good luck.

---
Marcus
better questions get better answers - faq581-3339
accessible web design - zioncore.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back