Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add a note to a record via txtbox + cmd button

Status
Not open for further replies.

WantoN

ISP
Jul 4, 2005
GB
Hey fellas,
Following on from the database form work I was doing before, I now need to add the functionality of adding notes to records to say that the company has been contacted/needs to be contacted again.

Basically I have two subforms whose sources are queries that display company details and employee details. This is so that the information can't be edited, only viewed.

I have a txtbox and cmd button that I want to use to enter data into the Notes column of a selected record. So when the name of a company is selected in the combo box, and displayed in the subform, I'll be able to add the note to said record.

Thanks guys,
Antoni

Add a Notes field to the company table.

include this in the query.

Create a text box on the form, with control source set to the notes field.

So when you select a company in the combo it will display that companys record and associated notes?

Sorry I wasn't very clear.

As opposed to displaying the notes in the text box, I want to be able to use it to edit the notes for the selected company.

Antoni

so you have a notes box already and want a button to click that will enable the notes box for editing/additions etc?

basically I'd like a way, either an afterupdate event or anything else, to allow me to add the details of a textbox to the Notes row of any selected record.

Antoni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back