Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add a new T7208 to a BCM50

Status
Not open for further replies.

New2Nortel

Technical User
Nov 23, 2010
US
I manage a Nortel CS1000 system over 9 sites. Two of my sites are BCM50s. Over the years I have only had to maintain these systems with an occasional line move and name change. Now I need to add a new line to the system. I am pretty sure I can just copy an existing line with a new DN but, I have never done this and need some assistance. How do I make sure all the settings are correct? Where do I go to add a line? How does the line get punched down? Any assistance is greatly appreciated as I have never learned the BCM system.
Thank you!!

i would definitely recommend having a vendor come out to give you some training. we train for years to learn these things, dont think you will be able to learn from a few posts on here[smile]

ddcommllc.com
Avaya/Toshiba/SyntelSolutions

ACIS

"Will work for stars

I agree with phoneguy, we usually will give our customers some training to get them started. The doc's are available by using Google. But it is worth it to have a vendor out at least once.

If its not working, get a bigger hammer!

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

As the two above post's suggest, it may be worth seeking some on site training, the BCM is a peculiar beast, but as pointer, nothing needs to be created if the equipment is already installed in the system, just plug in a new phone and it will initialize with the DN already attached, further setup may be needed if you would like the phone to be in a pickup group, have an external DDi, or if all your sites are networked, for it to be reached from another site.

If you have been using Element Manager to manage changes in the past, you will find all you need under the "Telephony" section, I could go on forever covering every possibility, so if there is not enough in this reply, then I would definitely get some help from a vendor.

Thanks Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back