Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add A new button with Buy 1 Get 1 at half price function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjaytj

Systems Engineer
Mar 7, 2020
PK
Hello Everyone,
I am total new to Micros RES 5.5. My employer wants me to add a button to the screen with the following functionality. I am a beginner user I just know few basic things. He said if I just could give him an idea how to achieve this he can do it by himself.
Here is what he wants to achieve.
Add a button
1/2 Off
When servers click 1/2 Off button it should add the already added item agin with half price.
For example.
Customer ordered Some item ITEMA and the price is $25.00 and then server clicks 1/2 off button and ITEMA is again added with half price i.e. $12.5
If anyone could just suggest the procedure or step by step guide to achieve the above task would really a great help.
Thanks

Hello mate,

Are you using some specific items? Or are you gonna use all the items?

I normally use Combo Meals when we need to add some specific products in "promotion".

@Tjaytj
there are many options to create the button in your scenario.

best way is combo.
Punch itemA with $10, and programmet ItamA as combo with choices ItemB with $5 and skip button with $0.

i believe this will solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back