Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add a free-field parameter to a sub report

Status
Not open for further replies.

helenfay

MIS
May 27, 2008
IE
Hi,

I am using crystal reports 10. I would like to add a free-field parameter to a sub-report for each item on the order

I have successfully added a free-field parameter to the main report which allows my users to type a string into the main report e.g. delivery information.

However I need to add a free-field parameter to the sub-report which must change for each different item on the order e.g. one order could have 5 different items so we will need 5 different free-field parameters.

Looking forward to your response

Use Edit > Subreport Links, this should allow you to feed the parameter through to the subreport. It will need to link to something suitable and will create a selection criterion in the subreport, which you can remove if you don't want it.

Subreports at detail level will slow your report a lot. Is it unavoidable?

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

I can place the parameter on the sub report but it does not change for each new item on the order e.g.

Qty Shipped Item Desc Unit Price
50000 Kg Seeds 2.5
Packed in 25kg red bags

10000 Kg Grain 1.75
Packed in 25kg red bags

1000 Kg Molasses .15
Packed in 25kg red bags

The value 'Packed in 25kg red bags' should change for each item. The user should be able to enter any string.

My users have specifically asked to enter a string into the subreport which changes for each item. They will run this report for one order at a time. At the moment they are creating this report in word which is taking them approx 30 mins, so I believe this will definitely save them time even if the report takes a few seconds longer to run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back