Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add a custom footer to all outgoing messages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

webnetwiz

MIS
Mar 30, 2001
US
Is there a way to add a custom footer to any outgoing emails that a user sends. For example, something that Yahoo and Hotmail do.

We're using Outlook 2002(XP) and Exchange 5.5 SP4
I want the message to look like this:

Body text

Signature

Any thoughts???????

David K. MCSE, CCNA.
webnetwiz@hotmail.com

Yeah we have that for both 5.5 and Exchange 2000.

Have to modify a certain file. There is an article but I don't remember what you have to query for. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

David are you ready for this, you have to edit the registry to add a footer to all outbound messages. The route is
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Software
System
CurrentControlSet
Services
MSExchangeIMC
Parameters
Extension
OutboundAppend

The registry entry is called OutboundAppend, you need to modify the data to read what you actually want as your footer. There are some parameters at the end of the footer that you need to keep ie \par\b..........\par\b0, this basically ends the footer message.

Hope this helps
Paul

For exchange 5.5 you need to use imsext.dll from the Back Office Resource Kit. Some of the articles on the subject listed below.

Apparently the capability is built into Exchange 2000 which I have not yet had the opportunity to use.

Chris

Thanks a lot, guys. This is exactly what I was looking for.

David

webnetwiz, work for you??
have you a Exchange 2000??

Still running 5.5 Service pack 4, but migrating to 2000 in a matter of a month, cause the network is already on Windows 2000 with Active Directory (it's not my fault, I inherited the network with 2000 AD already implemented.).

David.

We use this registry hack to append our disclaimer. Now upper mgmt doesn't want it appended to messages sent to a few domains. Any of you gurus know how to do this without purchasing a 3rd party product?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back