Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

add 1 to toll free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telecomboy

Programmer
May 8, 2003
US
I have a situation where a client's toll free stopped working. Their provider states it is because they do not see the "1" before the number. I noticed that under the PRI settings that special services table entry 5 has to delete 1. I removed that and toll free still didn't go through + now regular calls wouldn't go through either. So, I added the delete 1 back to special services table 5.

I then created an ARS table 1 with entries 800, 855, 866, 877, and 888. Under add digits I put 1. This still didn't work and the provider said they still are not getting the 1.

Is there a way to have the toll free numbers send the 1, but not the regular calls?

why not build an ars route for toll free calls that inserts a one?

I thought the ARS would work too. Their provider ended up creating a rule for their router to add a 1 to toll free calls. I will attach my ARS later today though because I'd like to know if I did something wrong.

Below is the table I created, all other ARS was default:

Table 1:
Area Codes: 1)800 2)855 3)866 4)877 5)888

Pool: 70
Absorb: 00
Other Digits: 1
FRL: 3
Call Type: Both
Start: Blank
Pattern: A

The only thing I could think was that because my PRI programming deleted the "1" that it was conflicting and wouldn't go through.

FYI, my PRI entry is below:

Special Services Table:

Entry Number: 5
Pattern to match: 1
Operator: none
Type of number: N
Digits to delete: 1

All other entries had digits to delete 0.

They received a busy signal if they dialed 1 1. Without dialing 1 1 they get a message from the provider saying the call cannot go through as dialed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back