Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADC Replication error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2001
Hello all. Getting the following error in the event log of my ADC server( existing Exch5.5 Org installing Exch2003)

Event ID 8139
<<
The target object 'CN=Jane Doe,OU=department,DC=domain,DC=com' was modified after the source object 'cn=JDoe,cn=Recipients,ou=Sitename,o=Organization' Consequently, the following set of updates will not be applied to the target object. If this warning persists, make sure that the time is correctly set on both the source and target servers.
dn: CN=Jane Doe,OU=department,DC=domain,DC=com
changetype: modify
replicationsignature:60034EF5A01AAF4BAAB924B9D7624E57
userAccountControl:
:<>
msExchMailboxGuid:
:<>
-
>>

I have done a NET TIME /set to make sure the DC's and Exchange server were set correctly for time. No luck. Not sure what else could be causing the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
James

Hi James,

I am having the same issue and have incidents open with MS regarding. They seem to think that it could be the generation of the USN number which is delayed and casuing the updates between AD/Exchange not to occur.
Have you had any further developments?
Please contact me on pbertolis@sbic.co.za regarding this.

Thanks
Peter

The problem was due to third-party Fax software that had at one time been installed in one of our sites. Even though the Fax software was no longer installed, there were legacy facsys attributes on a mailbox which was causing the problem.

Thanks James,
That is very intersting, how did you find it out?
Do you have a KB article or somthing published on it, I would like to check if it is relevant to my situation
Many thanks
Peter
pbertolis@sbic.co.za

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back