Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adapting Crystal Reports Control to Crystal Reports Smart Viewer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerrycurl

Programmer
Aug 4, 1999
US
I have a VB program that uses a CR control to display reports. These reports pop up in their own window, which as I understand it, is the only way this control works. What I'd like is to have the report show up embedded in a form so that I can have input controls (radio buttons, check boxes, etc..) on the same form to allow the user to interactively change the parameter values. So, I looked to the CR smart viewer control. This seems to be what I want to use, but there doesn't seem to be a painless way to adapt my existing code. My code makes a number of cumbersome modifications to the CR control, but the smart viewer doesn't have the same methods and properties, so I can't just replace one with the other. I'd love to be able to just set CRViewer1 = CrystalReport1, but alas... Any suggestions or comments are appreciated, especially "It's easy, here's how..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back