Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adaptec 2944UW and DDS3 Tape drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2nuk

IS-IT--Management
Dec 24, 2002
GB
I have addeded a Adaptec 2944UW SCSI controller into my PC as I would like to use an old DD3 HP tape drive to it. Both devices although not having been used for a couple of years were pulled from a working server.

The adaptec card does not find the tape drive when I start up the machine. The DIP switches on the drive are at their default settings, I have played round with the jumpers, but as none of my attempts worked I have reset it all back to the way it was.

Am not sure if I need to add a SCSI terminator, the controller settings does have a feature to terminate SCSI using software that has been enabled.

Any advise on setting up SCSI devices would be a great help!

Thanks

N

The Adaptec 2944 card is a Differential SCSI interface. You need to make sure your drive is a differential drive and you will need a differential terminator. You may need a "Y" cable to use the terminator.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back