Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adaptec 2410SA with xp 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindfitter

Technical User
Sep 20, 2007
GB
Question
Just got this 2410SA raid controller, at present its working and setup a raid0 with 3 wd Raptors, going through bios shows the array,
Now when i try to load xp on to the array I need a driver F6, this i know because it went through and said it couldn't find a disk,

been to adeptec site looking for the make floppy driver disc for xp, no luck, or i'm dumb

anyone using this card, or advice on going further would be gratefully received,

Dave

Did you get a driver disk with the card? If you did the driver would be there, you'll have to dig for it but it should be fairly obvious. You're looking for a txtsetup.oem file, once you find that on the disk you'll need everything in the folder. Put it on a floppy and press F6 when you start your install of Windows.

If you don't have the disk do a Google search for your card, there are plenty of places to grab the drivers.

Cheers
Rob

The answer is always "PEBKAC!

Cheers, its now up and running xp, I thought having a seperate raid controller card would be an improvement from the on board raid chip, comment please

Or is it that I have set the raid controller to optimum settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back