Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AD Users and Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

djhath

MIS
Oct 30, 2003
US
I have Windows 2000 Domain tools (adminpak.msi) installed on my W2k Pro machine. When I open up AD Users and Computers, the server name next to the AD Users and Computers (server.domain.com) is not the Primary Domain Controller, but a backup domain controller.

Another thing I notice is when polling the authoritative time server (w32time) using the "net time /domain" command, it gives a response from the same backup domain controller.

I want to make the PDC the authoritative time server and make sure that the PDC server is the name that hsows up next to the AD Users and Computers inside that console.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

As far as the Time server, have you tried the command NET TIME /SETSNTP:<servername>? Are you in a Win2k Domain? There is no PDC or BDC in Win2k, unless you are referring to the DC holding the FSMO roles?

Thanks,

Matt Wray
MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back