Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AD user object attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpenBabe

Programmer
Sep 25, 2000
GB
Can anyone tell me which attribute for a user object in Active Directory stores the Terminal Service Profile Path (The one on the Terminal Services tab, not the Profiles tab in Active Directory Users & Computers).

I am using LDIFDE/CSVDE to extract info from a very badly put-together network of 1000+ users whose roaming profiles basically don't roam.

I can at various attributes (givenName, profilePath, homeDrive, etc), but cannot seem to find where AD stores the Terminal Server profile path.

Thanks in advance.

Spencer Window (not a joke name)
spencer.window@eastmidlandcomputers.ltd.uk

I found an odd thing that might help you. When I was taking my w2k machines, and changing them to log onto the domain and not the local computer, they lost the ability to do anything. I had to sign on locally as myselft with admin privelages to the local account, click on users and groups, then click on the admin group. When I clicked on add, and added domain user, the people could log onto any w2k machine that got it's rights from the domain. Don't know if it'll help, don't know anything about roaming profiles, but found it interesting. Good Luck. Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
gjohn76351@msn.com
"Time past and time future
What might have been and what has been
Point to one end, which is always present".
T. S. Eliot (1888-1965), Anglo-American poet.

I know what you're talking about, but it's not much help to me.

But hey this Microsoft we're talking about & life would be so much duller if things worked like you expected them to !!!! Spencer Window (not a joke name)
spencer.window@eastmidlandcomputers.ltd.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back