Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AD Software Installation / Licensing Management?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2003
US
I have created Active Directory Based Software Installations to users and computers. I have a question about user software deployment.

If I have a GPO that tells a user to install an application on logon of a machine, how would I manage the software installations because this users moves around a lot, and logs into 4 machines?

I have this issue where certain employees are very "Mobile". After auditing the workstations, I found that we have a lot more installations of a product than we have licenses because of the Active Directory user deployment. As soon as they log off of the machine, and user another one, the software stays on the machine. Is there any way that I can tell this software installation policy that if any user that logs onto the machine does not have the software policy associated with a program, to remove it?

I know I can automatically roll out software programs through AD. But how do you IT professionals manage uninstallation of programs that are unauthorized for certain users to keep in licensing compliance?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back