Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AD Software deployment issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

helsknight

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2004
US
This is a bit hairy so bear with me. We are using AD to deploy some of our softwares. After I created and activate a policy to deploy the software, some computers will install right away some may never see it. I want some form of consistences so I added this to the logon script "gpupdate /force". I was hoping that with the gpupdate it'll contact the server for any policy changes. This didn't help much. Still inconsistence to when the computer saw the software package.

I setup a test OU and enabled Computer Configuration\System\Logon\Always wait for network at startup and logon. After this change, the computer saw all the software packages consistantly, but it's a laptop (most of our computers are laptop)and when i take it home it'll take 5 minutes waiting for network and applying security policy at bootup. I since delete the policy and OU, move the computer a different OU but it seems the computer still acts like the policy is still applied. Takes a log time to boot when I'm away from the office.

Is there a time out I can adjust for computers to wait for the network?

So in a nutshell how can I force the computers to see the software packages consistantly, without the side effect of waiting 5 minutes at bootup waiting for the network. Any help would be appreciated.

Hels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back