Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AD Replication - no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjp500

Technical User
Mar 16, 2005
GB
Hello.

We have a single AD domain with three domain controllers. Recently, after we upgraded our last NT4.0 BDC to Windows 2003 (Server 2) our other server (Server 1) has had the following in its Directory Service event log numerous times;

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: NTDS KCC
Event Category: Knowledge Consistency Checker
Event ID: 1265
Date: 16/03/2005
Time: 10:56:21
User: N/A
Computer: GWINTOSERVER
Description:
The attempt to establish a replication link with parameters

Partition: CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=gwinto,DC=co,DC=uk
Source DSA DN: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=GINTOSERVER1,CN=Servers,CN=Shirley,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=gwinto,DC=co,DC=uk
Source DSA Address: e0069f5b-de56-48e7-8867-13f9c3d24c14._msdcs.gwinto.co.uk
Inter-site Transport (if any):

failed with the following status:

There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.

The record data is the status code. This operation will be retried.
Data:
0000: d9 06 00 00 Ù...

When i try to force manual replication from Server 2 to Server 1 i get the following error;

"The naming context is in the process of being removed or is not replicated from the specified server".

Server 1 has one other inbound replication object which replicates fine. also server 2 has another inbound replication object which replicates fine. I know AD changes will propergate through the network due to transitive partners but i want to find out what is causing this error. Many thanks in advance.

bjp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back