Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AD Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctennyson

Technical User
Jan 5, 2007
CA
Hello Guys

This is my first post !! Yipeee

I am trying to generate an AD query to display all the non active computers in my domain. Anyone have an idea where I can find such a query ? Or which commands to use ?

Thanks
Colin

Hi- what type of inactive users are you looking to identify? disabled accounts, expired account passwords, not logged in for 30+ days?

I use these tools: Password Reminder PRO and AD Query from
-Password Reminder PRO has a really good reporting console that shows status of all your user AD account objects. It's main purpose is to send email reminders to domain users that have expiring passwords, which is why I initially started using it, but the reporting portion i found to be really slick.
-AD Query is a single object lookup tool that combines the view power of ADSIEDIT and an Exchange-enabled MMC. So it is a really speedy way to look up a user or computer object and see all schema attributes like email protocols, aliases, active / disabled / expired, etc.

-AD Query is free
-Password Reminder PRO is offered as a free beta program right now.

anyhow, hope this helps.

Yes I am trying to eliminate all the non active computers in my domain. The reason being is to keep my WSUS server running smoothly without having to look for non active computers. Something that has not logged into the domain in 60/90 days.

Thanks
Colin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back