Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AD Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizDumb

Programmer
Nov 2, 2008
US
When creating a new AD login, Where do I specify where windows should create the Users profile (i.e their Desktop folder, etc) ?

-Wiz

You don't. That gets created by their client OS. If you need something in a non-default place, you'd have to look into some folder redirection with group policies.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Maybe I didn't give you enough information.

I am running a Terminal Server, the client machines are not part of our company. We provide applications that our clients access. They pay us, we create AD's for them and they RDP to get our application.

-Wiz

I hope they're not paying too much since you appear to be missing basic knowledge of what it is you're doing...sorry, just calling it as I see it.

That said, you have control of the TS profile in the AD object...since you don't have control of the clients, then you can't redirect anything on them.

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

There are no more PDC's! There are DC's with FSMO roles!

Thank you sniper for your insight.

Dave, you dont have to be an a**hole.
I'm a programmer, not a network guy. I've been asked to take care of this. But since you cant just answer a simple question....
WITH THAT BEING SAID...

Where on the AD properties do I set where I want the Users folder created (Since there are more than 1 that holds a path)?

-Wiz

If it were me, I'd probably go to the tab named "Terminal Services Profile"...but what do I know, I'm just a network guy, I'm not one of them programmer types.

I like your name...it's fitting.

Dave, you dont have to be an a**hole.
I'm a programmer, not a network guy. I've been asked to take care of this. But since you cant just answer a simple question....

Whoa - hold on, pal. You failed miserably in providing the information needed to properly answer your question. This is an intelligent work forum, and you're expected to provide all relevant info after doing your initial search.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

The first link does him no good as he does not have access to the clients systems. The second link is exactly where I told him to make the only change he has access to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back