Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ad. popups

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyZ1

Technical User
Mar 31, 2004
Does anyone know of a fix... adware/spybot doesn't put a dent in it....

Try explaining what EXACTLY is the problem. You may get an answer

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

I'm getting popups that start with ad. or ad1.XXXX and nothing seems to find them in a scan... It's on one of my users machines, I've built another machine for the user and will soon have the machine in question in the shop for furthere analysis....

I just downloaded ewido and it seems to pretty good, I'm gonna have to try it out on the users machine

Xavier

You haven't mentioned which spyware software you're using or tried. SpyBot Search & Destroy will find things that Lavasoft's AdAware will not find. Trend Micro has a 30 day trial version of their new product Anti-Spyware, which found things that SpyBot S&D and AdAware didn't. Not all spyware is found by one spyware removal software. I tend to use multiple spyware removal tools. Another thing: Get rid of Internet Explorer! Get Firefox!

I use spybot with adware, added ewido and it was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back