Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AD last logon date is in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shad0wguy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 2, 2012
US
I was using a utility called AD Tidy to show me the last logon dates of my users so I could remove unused accounts, however 4 users have a last logon in the future. We have 4 domain controllers and the one common factor is these 4 users all authenticated against the same domain controller, where all the others were on different ones. I logged into the problematic domain controller and the time and date are correct. What could possibly be the cause of this? It isn't affecting the users to my knowledge, but it is an issue I'd like to resolve.

Well there could be a time issue that is not accounted for. Are all of the domain contollers set to the same time zone? This would be the first thing I looked at. The network time could be correct on all of them thus users able to logon but time zone could be off. I am not familar with that tool you are using, it could depend on what AD field it is grabing and how it is processing the lastLogon data type which is an Integer8 data type which typically needs the value to be calculated to get a "Human Readable" datetime.

Windows Haiku:

Serious error.
All shortcuts have disappeared.
Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back