Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AD issues (maybe DNS?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterleo

IS-IT--Management
Mar 10, 2003
I am having a strange AD issue. Users are logging into their computers ok, but once logged in, they do not have access to certain mapped drives. Also, we have a login script that should run each time the user logs in. When the user logs in and the script does not run is when they cannot access certain things on the network such as mapped drives, email, etc. I have checked DNS, and everything looks fine. Not every user is affected by this either. Its like the workstation is logging in using cached credentials and not logging into AD. We do use cached logins because most users have laptops they take into the field with them, so I cannot simply disable cached logins. Any suggestions?

Are the DNS settings the same on all clients, check that they are the same on unaffected systems as on affected systems.

You could also try running Netdiag and Dcdiag.

I think i have found my problem. I am having a replication problem at a remote site. I'm going to look there to see if this is the issue.

Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back