Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AD Integrated Authentication - prefix domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrmc

Technical User
Nov 28, 2001
CA
Hello,
I hope I am posting in the right area here... I have a web application designed in ASP .NET 2.0 and it is using a SQL database on the backend (W2K servers). We are using the AD integrated Authentication to log into the applicaiton, and it is working. As long as we enter the proper domain name in front of the usernmae before entering the password.

What is happening is when we hit the site (for example) we are prompted to enter the username and password (this is good). Except that in the user name field, is automatically entered instead of the proper domain name which is needed for the user to log on properly.

I need to find out how to prefix the username with the proper domain so that users can log on properly. Is this an IIS thing, ASP or applicaiton issue.

I'm lost.

In IIS right click the site. Choose properties. Select the Security Tab. Click Edit next to the Anonymous Access And Authentication Control.

Select Basic and set the Default Domain. Select NT Authentication as well.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back